Le Havre Information
Welcome to Le Havre on the Water
A Luxury Waterfront Community
Le Havre on the Water is located in the Beechhurst section of Whitestone. Le Havre consists of 32 newly renovated nine (9) story buildings situated on 28 acres adjacent to the Long Island Sound and Little Neck Bay.
Le Havre started out as a 28-acre Northeast Queens waterfront apartment development designed by George J. Miler, AIA. It was built in 1958 by Mr. Miller and Alfred Levitt, brother of William Levitt, the builder of Levittown. Le Havre was converted from luxury rental apartments to a co-op on September 12th, 1984.
For residents, Le Havre offers an on-site Management Office, a forty-member maintenance staff, a security kiosk with vehicle patrols from 4:00 pm to 7:00 am, and year-round landscaping and exterminating services.
As such, many apartments have magnificent views of the water, the Throgs Neck and Whitestone Bridges, and the Manhattan skyline.
- House Style Living
- Only Four (4) Apartments per floor
- All apartments are Corner Layouts
- Washer or Dryer on each floor
- Spacious Corner Terraces (approx. 20 ft x 5 ft)
- Living Room (approx. 25 ft x 18 ft) with Wall of Windows
- Waterfront Clubhouse with Cafe
- Health and Fitness Center & Classes
- Two (2) Outdoor Swimming Pools (One Waterfront)
- Three (3) Outdoor Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- Two (2) Playgrounds
- Park Benches throughout the Lovely Common Grounds
- Several blocks away is the 55-acre Little Bay Park on the eastern edge of Beechhurst which offers a dog run, ball fields, hockey rink, and a shoreline bike/run/walk path. Just past the park is Fort Totten and its Waterfront Promenade.
- One mile to Clearview Golf Center
- The Bay Terrace shopping center and Whitestone Shopping Center are nearby.
Maintenance & Square Footage:
- The maintenance includes the heat, security, snow removal, taxes, water, and two memberships to the clubhouse, health club, and classes. There is a nominal administrative yearly membership fee.
- The maintenance is approximately 39% tax-deductible and subject to change each year.
- The maintenance does not include electricity.
- 1 bedroom is approximately 880 sq ft
- 2 bedrooms are approximately 1015 sq ft
- 3 bedrooms are approximately 1145 sq ft
- The co-op does not allow dogs.
- There is a parking transfer fee of $8,500 payable by the purchaser or seller to the co-op at closing which ensures that you obtain the existing spot of the seller. If you choose not to take the spot at closing you may not have another opportunity to obtain one.
- There is also a $60/month fee on the spot.
- You may only have one assigned parking spot
- There are no “Alternate Side of the Street” parking restrictions so you may be able to find ample street parking.
Enclosures are permitted with the NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) approval along with a Co-op approved alteration agreement. Prior to proceeding, the shareholder must meet with Superintendent Piotr (718-767-6200).
NOTE: DOB can reject the permit based on the maximum allowable residential zoning space for that particular building.
Board Approval Process:
- The co-op requires that you have at least 20% down payment and a debt-to-income ratio of less than 36%. This back-end debt ratio includes the monthly minimum payments on your anticipated mortgage and maintenance, in addition to any student loans, car loans/leases, and credit cards. (even if you previously co-signed for another individual)
- The board does allow the acceptance of gifts with the proper documentation but does not allow non-residing co-owners. The board does allow guarantors on a case-by-case basis.
- Le Havre Owners Corp. has published pricing for apartments that represent an average sales price (as of April 1, 2022)
Co-op Resale & Closing Costs:
Purchasers are required to submit the following fees with the submission of the Resale Application*
Processing Fee - $1,100 payable to LE HAVRE OWNERS CORP.
50% of this fee is refundable, Should the package be rejected.
Carpet Protection Fee of $100 payable to LE HAVRE OWNERS CORP.
The remaining Purchaser Fees will be collected at Closing:
- Criminal History Request Fee – $50 per person over the age of 18 payable to Tenant Data Verification by the purchaser.
- Move-In Fee – $1,500 non-refundable fee & $100 Masonite Carpet Protection Fee payable to Le Havre Owners Corp. by the purchaser with a certified check, bank check or money order.
- Move-In Security Deposit - $500 fee payable to Le Havre Owners Corp. by the purchaser with a certified check, bank check or money order; prior to moving in and Le Havre will issue a refund check one month after the move pending the results of a damage inspection.
- Parking Transfer Fee – in order for the purchaser to obtain the transfer rights to the seller’s existing assigned parking spot, the purchaser or seller must pay a $8,500 fee payable to Le Havre Owners Corp. which will be collected at closing. Then there will be a $60/month fee for the spot.
These Seller Fees will be collected at Closing:
- Flip Tax - $1/share is payable to Le Havre Owners Corp. by the seller.
- Move-Out Fee* – $1,500 non-refundable fee & $100 Masonite Carpet Protection Fee payable to Le Havre Owners Corp. by the seller with a certified check, bank check, or money order.
- Move-Out Security Deposit* - $500 fee payable to Le Havre Owners Corp. by the seller with a certified check, bank check, or money order; prior to moving in and will be returned one month after the move pending the results of a damage inspection.
- Maintenance & Assessments – payment through the end of the month in which the closing takes place (if not yet paid) is due from the seller. If the closing takes place after the 15th of the month, the purchaser must pay at closing the following month’s maintenance charges or assessments.
*collected on or before move out is granted
The following legal fees are due to the co-op attorney at closing:
All checks should be made payable to Hankin & Mazel, PLLC:
- $850.00 Legal Closing fee (Seller)
- $450.00 Review of Recognition fee (Purchaser, if mortgage)
- $175.00 Power of Attorney fee (Seller or Purchaser, if Applicable)
- $250.00 Affidavit of Lost Stock & Lease fee (Seller, if Applicable)
- $250.00 Closing Cancellation fee (Seller or Purchaser) if canceled within 48 hours
*Resale Application and fees are subject to change so please check with Le Havre management for the most updated fees.